Careers at Mutant
Careers at Mutant
Public Relations Associate
Mutant is on the hunt for our next superhero, a passionate Public Relations Associate who will be responsible for supporting and executing day-to-day client and project management, with a portfolio of consumer, technology, and corporate clients across the B2B and B2C space.
You will support the public relations team in day-to-day media relations, media monitoring, as well as pitching and reporting. You will be provided with opportunities to support business development through research and launch.
Seriously though, you are a confident individual with a great personality and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team.
This role is based in Malaysia and reports directly to the Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be liaising on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and/or email.
- You’re able to write compelling articles, blogs, and other materials as required.
- You’ll be monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites, and blogs, for opportunities for clients.
- You’ll need to prepare regular client reports and attend client meetings
- Researching, writing, and distributing press releases and content to targeted media is your strong suit.
- You’ll support in promoting news stories and features to the media.
- You’ll be collating, analyzing, and evaluating media coverage.
- You’ll support event management (not limited to press conferences, promotional events, Studio coordination, and/ or site recce) and Social media management.
- You have or are willing to foster established professional relationships, and new relationships with clients, colleagues, and the media.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- You bring along 1-2 years of experience in PR (preferably in an agency environment).
- You’re passionate about a career in Public Relations.
- You’re interested in working with consumer, technology, and startups clients
- You have an excellent command of the English language and can write exceptionally well
- You’re meticulous and able to handle pressure well.
What you get as a Mutant:
- Competitive salary package – we want to ensure you’re paid based on the industry standards
- Mutant’s bonus structure – based on the company’s performance
- Training opportunities – both internal and external
- Wellbeing allowance – claim on a quarterly basis
- Corporate insurance from the day you become a Mutant!
- A great working culture – we won an award for this!
If this sounds like you, send over your resume/CV to [email protected]
Due to work pass limitations, we’ll not be able to sponsor work pass sponsorship.
Mutant is a weird name for an agency, we know. We’d love to tell you there’s a cool reason for it – like being exposed to gamma radiation or being bitten by a spider – but alas, our origin story is a little less dramatic.
We started in 2012 as a PR agency, led by one guy with a simple idea – to grow an agency that focused on getting business results and removing agency fluff.
From these humble beginnings, we evolved into a regional agency with offices in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, servicing clients across Asia Pacific and globally for their PR, content marketing and branding needs.
So, what does this mean for you?
You’re here because you want to help clients with real problems – whether that’s increasing sales, improving employee retention, or driving inbound leads, real results are what we measure our success on.
For more information about Mutant Communications, visit our regional website: www.mutant.com.my
Have a question or just want to know more?
A: P: E: